Hard drive space

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Apr 29 00:08:04 PDT 2004

> From: ruth <ruthv at pluto.njcc.com>
> i have a similar older imac, slot loading, 500 MHz. i believe it does
> not have a fan.

None of the G3 iMacs, except the first ones, have a fan.

>  i'd like to replace the noisy 40 GB hard drive with something 80 to
> 120 GB. do i have to be concerned about the heat generated by a 7200
> rpm drive? or am i limited to 5400 rpms or less?

Not an issue, not a concern. I have had a 7200rpm, 8mb cache, 120GB
drive in my G3 slot-loading iMac for about a year with zero problems
and great speed. Not the easiest thing in the world to install, mind
you, but worth doing.

_Chas_

Karen Hughes, the president's chief spokesperson, publicly equates
pro-choice with pro-terrorist, and claims she is "troubled" by Kerry's
protests over Vietnam but untroubled by George Bush's desertion and
avoidance of duty.