Managing Attachments in Mail.app

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Aug 5 12:35:03 PDT 2004

> From: Mark Des Cotes <mark at astroprinting.com>
> I have a question about attachments in Mail.app. How can I tell how
> much memory the attachments in my mailboxes are taking up on my
> computer?

There's not taking up ANY memory. They're taking up hard drive space.

>  I tend not to delete emails. Instead, I move them to
> different mailboxes. I'm wondering about the thousands of emails I have
> that have attachments in them. Being in the graphic/printing industry
> some of these attachments are quite large and are potentially taking up
> room on my hard drive that I could be using for other things.

Yes, they are. I'm sure if you'll think about it for a minute, the
answer will come to you.

Everything the user makes or gets goes into the ... User folder ... and
stuff related to the applications is stored in the User's Library
folder, so ...

> I'm not sure where
> to look in Mail.

Try searching for "attachments" and see what turns up.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org