[X-Newbies] airtunes + speakers

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 1 07:39:34 PST 2004

On 12/1/04 4:20 PM, "John Park" <JP at johnparkcomedy.com> wrote:

> I've got a G4 about 500mghz.   I don't think it came with airport
> installed, which is what I assume I need to make airtunes work.
>
> When I buy airtunes will it come with airport or do I need to buy
> airport card or something else extra?

You'll need to buy an AirPort card for your G4.

> Also, I'm curious to know what kind of powered speakers people might be
> using with airtunes?

Any kind - I use mine with high-end powered speakers in my living room, and
with my stereo in my office.

There are literally dozens of speakers you can get... You don't need to get
ones specifically designed for a computer.

Kirk

                  Forthcoming book: iPod & iTunes Garage
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France