[X-Newbies] VPN v SSH

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 09:10:15 PST 2004

Hi all,

Are there any advantages - mainly security I would think - in setting up
a VPN to do remote logins to my machine?  At the moment I use SSH on port
22 but as I have a  VPN to the Uni's system, I wondered whether it would
be worth setting up a similar VPN to access my own machine.

Any comments as to the worth of doing this, complexity, possible problems
(how would I generate certificates?) and at the end of the day whether it
would be worth the hassle, would be appreciated.

cheers,

Chris