[X-Newbies] Scanner

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu Dec 16 09:22:38 PST 2004

I'm an OS X novice too.  The only place I can suggest to look is as
follows:

At the left side of the Dock, open the Finder.  At the top left of the
window, find your hard drive icon.  Click on it to open its contents.
For ease of seeing things, I prefer to use the Column View by clicking
on the right-most of the three view buttons at the top of the window.
In column view, click on Applications to open another column to the
right, listing the contents of the Applications folder.  Look for
anything in that list having to do with your Epson scanner and haul
that to the trash.

There may be some other residue in preferences.  Follow this path:
Your hard drive icon/library/Preferences, then look for anything
"Scanner" or "Epson."  Then do the same thing beginning with: Your Home
(little House) icon/Library/Preferences.

After installing the new driver, you can follow these same paths
indicated above and see the new software read to work.

If experts know other places to look, please tell us.

Hope this helps,
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.