[X-Newbies] Shared library error

Ross Langmead rlangmead at whitley.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Dec 16 18:37:03 PST 2004

I can no longer open Internet Explorer, and get this message:

The application "Explorer" could not be launched because of a shared library
error: "M<MacIE Carbon (Release)><MacIE Carbon (Release)><MS Internet
Library (Car)><>"

I scouted the web without much joy, reinstalled IE (5.2.3) and reinstalled
Carbonlib on someone's suggestion, but no luck.

I have a 2004 PowerBook using OS 10.3.  I normally use Safari, but my online
banking requires occasional use of IE (rats). I'm not aware of installing
any new software recently that might have conflicted with IE.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Ross Langmead