[X-Newbies] Problems after re-install of OS

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Mon Dec 20 12:46:37 PST 2004

Hi all,

I've been having problems lately with OS 10.3.6. (Apps not allowing me
to quit them. Computer refusing to Restart or Shutdown, Finder often
freezing.) So this morning I did an Archive and install of the OS.
After doing so I tried to run Software update but most of the updates
wouldn't work. I'd get a message saying Software update couldn't
connect to the server in order to download the updates. This wouldn't
be for all of them, iChat updated fine, some security updates worked
some didn't. I had 6 updates that no matter what I did  wouldn't
connect to the server. So I switched to another user account and the
updates ran fine. Now I'm a little worried because I re-installed my OS
to get rid of problems and somehow seem to have picked up others. Does
anyone have any ideas what could have caused the updates not to
download? My internet connection was working fine at the time.

Also, this is my first time re-installing OSX, what files from
"previous system" should I be moving over to my new system?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com