Fetch for X

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 3 11:21:21 PST 2004

I have what seems to be excellent directions for getting into an FTP
area for a VERY HIGH END client but even when I use the special port
number, initial directory, etc, I get a time out error (not a server
not found error). They are using www.domain.com and not ftp.domain.com
which works to a point. ftp.domain.com gives a server not found error.

Their prefs are set on passive and so am I, and treat mystery items as
files.

What other settings can I fiddle with to eradicate this problem?

They claim they can get in just fine using WS_FTP

??? Very strange.