[X Newbies] SAVING IMAGES FROM WEBSITE ON SAFARI

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Tue Feb 3 21:31:34 PST 2004

If you look in the Safari Help menu and search on "save image" you'd
find the following:

Saving webpages and webpage content

You may be able to save webpages and the content they contain, such as
text, images, and other items.

  You can save a webpage or a frame as a file. You can copy text,
images, and other items in webpage then paste it in another documents.
You can also drag selected text, images, and other items from the
webpage to the desktop or a document.
	▪ 	 To save a page, choose Save As from the File menu. You can also
hold down the Control key and click in the page, then choose Save Page
As from the menu.
	▪ 	 To save a frame of a webpage, hold down the Control key and click
the frame, then choose Save Frame As from the menu.
	▪ 	 To copy text, select it and choose Copy from the Edit menu. You
can then paste the text in another application. You can also drag the
text from the webpage to the desktop or a document in another
application.
	▪ 	 To save an image, drag it from the webpage to the desktop or a
document in another application. You can also hold down the Control key
and click the image, then choose Save Image As to save it as a file or
Copy Image to Clipboard to paste it in another document.
	▪ 	 To save other types of content in a webpage, try dragging the item
from the webpage to the desktop or holding down the Control key and
clicking the item.

  Some webpages may prevent you from saving items on the page.

Hope this helps.

BTW, making a statement in ALL CAPS is the internet equivalent of
shouting. Many experienced internet users take offense when yelled at.
Given that this is a newbies list, I'll cut you some slack <grin>

Norm
Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, 'Is there a
meaning to music?' My answer would be, 'Yes.' And 'Can you state in so
many words what the meaning is?' My answer to that would be, 'No.'"
Aaron Copland