[X Newbies] Managing Web Images

birgit rhoads wdlnd at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 4 14:56:11 PST 2004

I looked at my IE 5.2.  I cannot find "scrapbook" anywhere.  Are these
pictures that you are copping off websites?  They should have
downloaded to your desktop.  Okay, I went to my IE and downloaded a
picture of Helen Hunt (A4T73OA0KV50}@HPY{{H[Y.jpg).
Control/click/download to disk.   The download icon is Preview and says
JPEG. I dragged the jpeg to iPhoto and it immediately turned into the
photo picture.  I opened iPhoto and clicked on import and retrieved the
picture into iPhoto. Simple.

Maybe you want to go to IE help and read about downloads and hopefully
that will explain what you need to do.  Birgit

On Feb 4, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Noel Westerlind wrote:

> Hello again..
>  This is the error I get when I try to import pictures from my
> Internet Explorer scrapbook into iPhoto
>
> The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized
> file type or the files may not contain valid data).
> The extension is .jpg but in finder it says "name of image.jpg  Feb 2,
> 2004, 3:00AM  36 KB  JPEG"
>
> Doesn't iPhoto recognize all jpgs?
>
> The icon for this image is the gray internet explorer icon with red
> letters in the right corner.
> I think the red letters spell jpg but I can't be sure.
>
> Thanks,
> Noel
>

> On Feb 4, 2004, at 2:08 PM, birgit rhoads wrote:
>

>> On Feb 4, 2004, at 10:52 AM, Noel Westerlind wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings Mac Genius's and My Heroes of the Mac world!
>>> I have a question for you.
>>>

>>> How do I manage my web images?
>> If you are not building a website and only want to download images to
>> your desk top, "control key" + "mouse click" on the image and choose
>> "download image to".  You can download to your desktop or to a folder
>> you have made up in your "users".
>>
>>> How do I "Slide Show" view jpg.s and other saved images?
>>
>> iPhoto has the option for slide show second icon after print on the
>> bottom of the window.
>>
>>> I tried a slide show in the Graphic Converter, there has got to be
>>> an easier way.
>>
>>> I like iPhoto. I can't seem to get them into there.
>>
>> If you wish to use iPhoto to view your pictures, you can choose it to
>> be the default application to open pictures. Or just open iPhoto and
>> click import and it will import from your camera.
>> again, click on import and choose pictures you want to import
>>
>>> I tried to import them with iPhoto it didn't work.
>> what did you do exactly?  Import is under File
>>>
>>> I view images with preview and it doesn't put
>>> any of the other pictures in the draw.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't do windows and don't know what is a draw?
>>>
>>> I will expand on exactly what I do with "Preview"
>>> 1. I click on one photo in the folder
>>> 2. The photo comes up in Preview