[X Newbies] Managing Web Images

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Feb 4 15:19:12 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 05:56:11PM -0500, birgit rhoads wrote:
:
: On Feb 4, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Noel Westerlind wrote:
:
: >Hello again..
: > This is the error I get when I try to import pictures from my
: >Internet Explorer scrapbook into iPhoto
: >
: >The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized
: >file type or the files may not contain valid data).
: >The extension is .jpg but in finder it says "name of image.jpg  Feb 2,
: >2004, 3:00AM  36 KB  JPEG"
: >
: >Doesn't iPhoto recognize all jpgs?
: >
: >The icon for this image is the gray internet explorer icon with red
: >letters in the right corner.
: >I think the red letters spell jpg but I can't be sure.
:
: I looked at my IE 5.2.  I cannot find "scrapbook" anywhere.

It's a Mac-only feature of MacIE:

	http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/internetexplorer/using.aspx?pid=usinginternetexplorer&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/ie/ie_2.xml

: Are these
: pictures that you are copping off websites?  They should have
: downloaded to your desktop.  Okay, I went to my IE and downloaded a
: picture of Helen Hunt (A4T73OA0KV50}@HPY{{H[Y.jpg).
: Control/click/download to disk.   The download icon is Preview and says
: JPEG. I dragged the jpeg to iPhoto and it immediately turned into the
: photo picture.  I opened iPhoto and clicked on import and retrieved the
: picture into iPhoto. Simple.

Noel, I don't know if there is a way to extract items in IE's Scrapbook
via external apps.  You might have to do it manually in IE.  So with
each item in the Scrapbook, open it up, then save it or drag it to your
preferred folder.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/