[X Newbies] New X user can't keep preference selections

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Mon Feb 9 10:07:16 PST 2004

On Monday, Feb 9, 2004, at 11:16 Canada/Eastern, rbgeiger at optonline.net
wrote:

> I thought of that myself, but wouldn't the rest of the system
> preferences like clock time be lost (which it isn't) and default to
> 1956 or whatever OS X defaults to for a weak battery.

I believe what specifically happens depends on the actual Mac model and
the OS -- and how low the battery is. I'm not saying that's what's
wrong -- just that it's a possibility worth looking into.

> As an aside, how does one change the pram battery on an iMac?

Got me there. Never opened an iMac. I'd troll the 'net -- there must be
some kind soul somewhere who's posted detailed instructions -- with
pictures too, I shouldn't wonder.