[X Newbies] Help: 2nd E-Mail Account in mac.mail.com

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Fri Feb 13 07:39:56 PST 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 9:56 AM, birgit rhoads wrote:

> Albert I have 5 different email accounts.  Only one of those accounts
> is a .mac account.  When you configure your OS, Apple asks you for
> information about your .mac membership and it shows up in your Apple
> Mail. If you need an additional .mac email account I think you might
> have to pay Apple for another account.  The other 4 accounts are set
> up using my cable server, adelphia.net.  You can have as many email
> accounts as your ISP will allow.  Find out from your ISP how they want
> you to set up mail accounts.  They do differ and you can probably go
> to your ISP online/help.  Birgit

Thanks for the input

I see it now

I  have comcast.net as my ISP with an e-mail address . Used it for the
last four years or so( updated from old comcast.home)

When OSX came out,  I decided to switch to Mac mail . but kept  the
comcast address since I purchased numerous third party software with
IDs linked to  that e-mail address; and I did not want to go thru the
hassle of contacting all the people/outfits  involved and trying to
change the address

I  made a decision( good or bad) over the last year  to use mac.com
exclusively as my primary e-mail address , and sent the change out to
all family and personal friends , etc.

Although I  have since purchased a .mac account, basically for
iLife,iDVD,etc,  I have no intention of paying Apple more money for an
additional e-mail address.
For $95 a year;  I would expect Apple to at least allow a second
account !

So with that said, I will live with the one primary address on mac.com

Enough said and put an end to this string

thanks for your time

albert
In the Mac world there is no free lunch