[X Newbies] Panther Finder

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Feb 16 13:57:50 PST 2004

Bob Baron said:

>My 10.3.2 Finder is very slow in opening applications.  Four or five
>seconds.  This just started a few days ago after a couple of months.
>I have Repaired Permissions and used MacJanitor and Onyx.  No joy.
>Nothing new added.  Any thoughts?

Do you have any third party applications that add functionality to the
OS?  Anything that shows up in System Preferences, or which adds a new
menu to the menubar?

Or do you have a third-party utility installed that does maintenance
automatically on a schedule?

Or do you have Norton Utilities, or a Lexmark or HP print drive installed?

If you have any of these installed, uninstall them, restart, and see if
things are better.

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common OS X 10.3 Panther Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/panther.html