[X Newbies] Panther / firmware update issues on iMac DV

Bob Geiger rbgeiger at optonline.net
Mon Feb 16 15:44:58 PST 2004

OK, here's the problem. I have an iMac DV400 currently running Jaguar
with no System 9.1 on the HD. I'm trying to install Panther but the
installing tells me I need to update the iMac firmware. I went to the
Apple Support site and downloaded the firmware update installer but
when I tried to run it I get a message that I need to be in  system 9
to begin the install routine. So I think I need to erase my hard disk,
install 9.1 then do the firmware updater and finally install Panther.
Am I correct? Or am I missing a step here?

Thanks for any help

Bob