Can't print

Alan/Linda Bell alanlinda43 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 08:49:24 PST 2004

I posed this question a few days ago: Since going from 9.1 to
Panther, I can no longer print with my HP Deskjet 870 Cse with a
serial cable hooked to a Keyspan USB adapter.

My advice so far has been: get a new printer, download the GIMP-print
drivers (I already had to no avail), and make sure the printer is
turned on.

Okay, since then, a person has suggested I download a new Keyspan
driver.I went to the website, found it, and installed it. Still, when
I go through the printer set-up, the OS can't find the printer. When
I get to the printer list, I see in the pull-down menu, among
others,"hp IP Printing." But there's nothing in the window below it.
So, before I go out and buy a new printer (which I really can't
afford right now--you should see my dentist bill!) I'm hoping someone
might have another idea.

Hopefully,
Alan