[X Newbies] (no subject)

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Mon Feb 23 15:01:22 PST 2004

On Monday, Feb 23, 2004, at 17:01 Canada/Eastern, lingo wrote:

> i have a digital camera , sony mavica that finalizes cd's,

There are tens of different models of Mavica out there (3 current ones,
I believe). Specifying the model and providing other relevant data
might help you get more useful replies.

> it came with a cd that has windows reader drivers but for macs it has
> an extension called Adaptec udf volume access that your supposed to
> just drag into the extensions folder and its supposed to read my cds
> automatically when inserted.

The Adaptec UDF Volume Access is an extension for Mac OS 8 and 9. It's
not designed for and doesn't work in OS X; and it doesn't work in
Classic, because Classic doesn't have direct access to hardware.
However, it's not required in OS X, since support for UDF v1.5 is
built-in.

> [...] i get an error message that says unreconized format [...]

Check your camera's specs. What version of UDF does it use? OS X does
not support UDF 2.0, but you can read it with third-party apps, such as
ReadDVD! <http://www.softarch.com/>. Also, reading the packet-writing
format Sony uses might require additional software.

Try <http://www.iq.sony.com/>