[X Newbies] Console Message

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Fri Feb 27 04:52:12 PST 2004

At 7:34 AM -0500 2/27/04, Alex wrote:
>Wolf Rentzsch has a quick overview at
><http://rentzsch.com/suck/canonLiDE30Scanner>.

So your statement was based on the experiences of two users, neither
being yourself?

>Anyway, aren't we talking about a piece of software that fills up
>console.log with a useless message every second, day in and day out?
>Res ipsa loquitur.

*We're* not talking about that piece of software. *I* was asking
about the source of your statement - "It's one of the crappiest in
existence". Without offering any opinion whatsoever on the item, I
was trying to determine the basis for the slam on the unit. You've
answered that in a way that now allows me to properly evaluate your
statement. Thanks.

>>>, and it installs background processes that do exactly that.
>>>Solution -- get rid of it.
>>
>>Wow. When I think of the problems I could have solved...
>
>Feel free to suggest a better one.

I am, even without your "permission", indeed free to suggest
alternative solutions. I'm just amused at yours...
--
The point of quotations is that one can use another's words to be insulting.
  - Amanda Cross