[X Newbies] Console Message

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Fri Feb 27 05:18:22 PST 2004

On Friday, Feb 27, 2004, at 07:52 Canada/Eastern, Vincent Cayenne wrote:

>> On Thursday, Feb 26, 2004, at 23:27 Canada/Eastern, Vincent Cayenne
>> wrote:
>>> Is there support for that assertion somewhere?
>
> At 7:34 AM -0500 2/27/04, Alex wrote:
>> Wolf Rentzsch has a quick overview at
>> <http://rentzsch.com/suck/canonLiDE30Scanner>.
>
> So your statement was based on the experiences of two users, neither
> being yourself?

I'm not sure how you draw that inference. What two users? And what
would be the point of my repeating what somebody else has already said?

>> Anyway, aren't we talking about a piece of software that fills up
>> console.log with a useless message every second, day in and day out?
>> Res ipsa loquitur.
>
> *We're* not talking about that piece of software.

Beg your pardon. My mistake, I'm sure.

> *I* was asking about the source of your statement - "It's one of the
> crappiest in existence".

Read your own lines. You were asking about "support for that
assertion". The source of the assertion is myself -- quite obviously,
since it was not in quotes and did not refer to any other source.

> Without offering any opinion whatsoever on the item, I was trying to
> determine the basis for the slam on the unit. You've answered that in
> a way that now allows me to properly evaluate your statement. Thanks.

You're welcome. I'm not quite sure what you are after -- support for?
source of? basis for?-- but as long as you are happy...

> I am, even without your "permission", indeed free to suggest
> alternative solutions. I'm just amused at yours...

Excellent. I'll be looking forward.