[X Newbies] SPAM [was Returned Mail: Confirmation Required - #SSID#: 6J8UFK6V9IUNZW2M]

Bruce Klutchko klutch at erols.com
Fri Jan 2 07:46:23 PST 2004

On 1/2/04 10:04 AM, "blu" <blu at bludragon.net> wrote:

> It might not be spam: 'SpamSlam' is a legitimate spam filter for
> windows and Mac OSX. http://www.ilesa.com/

It is SPAM to me. I keep getting numerous unsolicited messages from a sender
I did not wish to send me messages that I have to manually delete. It is an
affront to the list; the listmom should delete this user from the mailing
list. I have also heard that this service sells the email addresses of
anyone who replies to their requests to other spammers; their intent is that
pretty soon everybody has to use their service or be spammed.

> The owner of the email address <fmindlin at santacruz.k12.ca.us> should
> configure the program so it will accept mail from any mailing list
> they are on.  This will avoid auto-generated validation emails to all
> members of lists.

The list should not allow members who use this absurd "service" - and we
should all see if the service isn't violating the anti-spam laws. They must
be stopped from doing this.

Meanwhile, each of us should create a new filter or rule to remove all mail
that has any mention of the list member who is doing this to us. Then we
won't have to see this garbage.

--
Bruce