[X Newbies] SPAM

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 08:17:14 PST 2004

On Friday, January 2, 2004, at 09:46 AM, Bruce Klutchko wrote:

> On 1/2/04 10:04 AM, "blu" <blu at bludragon.net> wrote:
>
>> It might not be spam: 'SpamSlam' is a legitimate spam filter for
>> windows and Mac OSX. http://www.ilesa.com/
>
> It is SPAM to me. I keep getting numerous unsolicited messages from a
> sender I did not wish to send me messages that I have to manually
> delete. It is an affront to the list; the listmom should delete this
> user from the mailing list.

I agree completely. The whole concept of having people "register" to
send email is absurd - just as it would be to have people "register" to
send snail mail, or to walk up and ring your doorbell. Its an amazing
solopsistic solution - if the whole world will just take some time to
fill out this form, then I won't get any more spam. . . . sheesh. When
a "service" based on such a stupid concept sends me back repeated
emails, its just as annoying as "real" spam.

If people can use that service without making any mistakes, then more
power to them, but anyone who creates this kind of crap - even from
oversight - should be dropped from the list immediately.

SR