[X Newbies] SPAM [was Returned Mail: Confirmation Required - #SSID#: 6J8UFK6V9IUNZW2M]

blu blu at bludragon.net
Fri Jan 2 08:42:15 PST 2004

Your points are well taken.
I do not know anything about ilesa.com or the 'SpamSlam' program,
other than that an announcement of the new version [not an ad]
appears in Macworld, so the must be semi-legitimate.  Could not find
a review that even mentions their selling of email addresses.

I was only pointing out that it was not a malicious attempt by the
list member, only that they did not have the program configured
properly to deal with any mailing lists they might be on.

I agree that it is the responsibility of a list member to make sure
that auto-responders are turned off and filters such as this one are
set to accept mail from any lists.  It is inexcusable for messages
such as this to go to mailing lists that may include several hundred
members.

Has anyone tried to contact <fmindlin at santacruz.k12.ca.us> directly
about this, or the X Newbies list owner???

And, I repeat, do NOT reply to the message.

blu