[X Newbies] Disk Utility

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 17 16:19:55 PST 2004

On Saturday, January 17, 2004, at 07:12  PM, Michael Winter wrote:

> It sounds like the problem is that Appleworks isn't able to open the
> file? If you can't start Appleworks, do a File->Open and open the file
> that way, I'd say there is a problem with the file in question. One
> other technique that may be of help is if you hold down the command
> and option keys while you drag the file over the Appleworks icon in
> the dock, it will "force" Appleworks to try and open it. That
> technique works to "force" any application to try to open any file,
> but the results can anything from no response, to a polite error
> message to garbage.

We have tried every way to do this........this is the problem. I am
sending him these files from the exact same OS and app. This is the
mystery but worse is the disk not having DU on it.

I hope he has his disks........

I have some disks but they are the stock 10.2, not updated to 10.2.8
and not sure if that would be ok to run permissions with that... what
say?