[X Newbies] Disk Utility/RESOLVED

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 19:59:12 PST 2004

OK I just got home from the 'call' and thought I would let you all know
that I resolved everything the moment I saw the machine.

Utilities folder for X was in OS 9 applications, and I found DU there
and it fixed hundreds of permissions.

Files were not associating because the 'user' did not tell me the names
were like this "somefile.cwk" with quotes as they were downloaded from
horrid JUNO mail.

As soon as we removed the "", they immediately took on the icon.
I knew there had to be some problem like that, since 500 other files
were perfectly associated.

He left the 'puter on last night but it didn't auto fix because I think
the folder being in the wrong place causes that.

This user did not want to admit he failed to give me all the info on
how the files were named. He claims not to have moved the Utilities
folder at all.

So, I'm vindicated!
Thanks for all your help.
-J