[X Newbies] Disk Utility/RESOLVED

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Mon Jan 19 21:23:52 PST 2004

Which brings up an interesting issue, and one that can be argued
forever. In my experience, folks who are new to computing SHOULD
partition their Mac so that 9 and X are identifiably separated. I have
had easily a dozen people do similar things. To them, Applications
(OS9) and Applications are the same, so are System and System Folder. I
have seen stuff end up allllllll over the place. Put 9 AWAY on it's
own. Out of sight, out of mind.

I DO, on the other hand, understand the benefits of single partition,
but you have to admit, it CAN be confusing.