[X Newbies] Disk Utility/RESOLVED

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 01:22:17 PST 2004

On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 12:23  AM, W Lane wrote:

> Which brings up an interesting issue, and one that can be argued
> forever. In my experience, folks who are new to computing SHOULD
> partition their Mac so that 9 and X are identifiably separated. I have
> had easily a dozen people do similar things. To them, Applications
> (OS9) and Applications are the same, so are System and System Folder.
> I have seen stuff end up allllllll over the place. Put 9 AWAY on it's
> own. Out of sight, out of mind.
>
> I DO, on the other hand, understand the benefits of single partition,
> but you have to admit, it CAN be confusing.

I agree that this was the worst thing to do.
In fact I don't like to use 9 with X myself and I know about these
things. If a machine is using X it doesn't open Classic ever. I have 17
computers in my shop so I can afford to do this and use 9 on others if
need be.

But the worst is like you said, having newbies and newbies to Mac as
this guy was, see this stuff together even though he claims it was not
moved.