[X Newbies] Disk Utility/RESOLVED

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Jan 20 02:02:53 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 04:22:17AM -0500, J wrote:
:
: On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 12:23  AM, W Lane wrote:
:
: >Which brings up an interesting issue, and one that can be argued
: >forever. In my experience, folks who are new to computing SHOULD
: >partition their Mac so that 9 and X are identifiably separated.
[...]
:
: I agree that this was the worst thing to do.
: In fact I don't like to use 9 with X myself and I know about these
: things. If a machine is using X it doesn't open Classic ever. I have 17
: computers in my shop so I can afford to do this and use 9 on others if
: need be.

Of course, the notion of keeping old Mac OS 9 in a separate partition
from OS X is useless on all new Macs since they no longer boot OS 9...

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/