[X Newbies] Disk Utility/RESOLVED

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Tue Jan 20 05:28:45 PST 2004

I'm reading this tread late, but I though I'd mention something about
the Find not finding any files with "disk" in them. A while back I had
a similar instance with a friend in another city. I couldn't figure out
why they weren't finding any files when I told them to search for
"disk". I had originally set up their machine and knew that DU was on
it. after racking my brain trying to figure out why they couldn't find
ANY files with "disk" in the name I ask her how she spelled it.
"D-I-S-C, just like on the CDs" she replied. After that revolution, I
had her search for D-I-S-K, everything else went smoothly and I was
able to walk her through repairing permissions in a few minutes.