[X Newbies] Linking Files to Applications [Was: Disk Utility/RESOLVED [TID]]

Raoul Armfield armfield at amnh.org
Fri Jan 23 05:42:18 PST 2004

You are correct in your desciption of how this functions.  However Alex
was stating that, regardless of the file extension, you should be able
to assign or reassign that file type to be opened by any program
manually.

You tell Alex to attempt your exercise but have you tried his?  I know
for a fact that things work the way you describe but I also know, having
tried the exercise Alex described, that it works as well.

So yes, there is in fact, a misunderstanding going on here.

Raoul