audio hijack pro

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Jan 24 23:21:52 PST 2004

> From: John Park <JP at JohnParkComedy.com>
>
> Thanks to charles for alerting me to audio hijack pro.  Looks like  a
> great program.  I went to install it though and the program wanted to
> install " application enhancer" from unsanity on my computer as well.
> I vaguely remember someone getting hung up with that program, but don't
> remember the circumstances too well.
>
> Charles, or anyone else, have you had trouble with "application
> enhancer" if you've got it on your computer?

I did have trouble with Application Enhancer at first, but then
Unsanity updated it and all has been well ever since.

Audio Hijack Pro, in addition to working as a passive receiver of
streaming audio, can also be used as a server of streaming audio. This
is why it wants to install APE -- so that it can then install its own
Server start-up items.

If you do not plan to use this aspect of Audio HiJack Pro, you can
safely disable APE and the start-up Audio Hijack Server item. It will
not affect the running of AHP when it comes to recording audio streams.

_Chas_

Mnemonic of the Year: ABBA -- Anybody But Bush Again.
http://www.abbaparty.com