[X Newbies] which multifunction inkjet printer

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Tue Jan 27 16:40:13 PST 2004

At 5:31 PM -0500 1/27/04, birgit rhoads wrote:
>I have had 2 Epson printers and 2 Epson scanners.  With Panther, I
>can at least use them fairly reliably again.

I have seven Epson printers, two HPs, one Apple (an apparently
indestructible LaserWriter 4/600). My Epson Stylus Photo 875DC, Epson
Stylus Photo 785EPX, Epson Stylus Color 800N and the LaserWriter just
keep working. I print [from a WallStreet running Jaguar over a
wireless connection, two Lombards running Jaguar (one wired, one
wireless), a TiBook (AirPort) running Panther, an iBook (AirPort)
with Panther, and a G4 400 PowerMac (wired) running Jaguar] to any of
these, and from a couple of Windows 2000 servers to the Epson Stylus
Color 800N. I can print from my machines to my Epson Stylus Color 740
which I keep as the only one with parallel, serial and USB connection
capability. I print from another G4 400 PowerMac running OS 9 to the
LW 4/600.

I have used the Epson Printer Utility with both Jaguar and Panther.

I also have a Stylus Color 600 and a pair of 777s mothballed that I
simply have had no reason to try to use in many months.

I have two Epson scanners - a Perfection 1650 and a Perfection 1670
Photo. They are both fully usable from both Jaguar and Panther, front
panel buttons and all.

>If you have the printer attached to Airport, you cannot use the utilities.

I'd never have expected this to work. It would be nice if it did though.
--
Your problem is insufficient laziness :-)
  - Joe Block