[X Newbies] Firewall in Panther?

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Tue Jan 27 16:14:57 PST 2004

On Jan 27, 2004, at 16:00, Al Poulin wrote:

> My sister is buying an iMac G4.  Does Panther include a firewall of any
> kind?

Yes, firewall comes installed and activated.

>  If so, is a more robust software recommended to go along with a DSL
> modem hookup?  Thanks,

Probably not, it depends on just how safe/secure her data needs to be.
It's like your house, some folks leave the front door unlocked, some
folks have steel roll shutters everywhere with alarm systems and guard
dogs.  Personally, I've never had a problem with Panther 'as is' on my
DSL connection.

--
TiBook 667mhz 512MB RAM
Gigabit Ethernet, Superdrive