[X Newbies] which multifunction inkjet printer

birgit rhoads wdlnd at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 28 11:28:16 PST 2004

Vincent that is very interesting.  I have to say that since Panther my
Epson Perfection 1650 scanner's front panel has become functional
again.  My Epson Photo Stylus 890 is working again, but I have it
connected to Airport Extreme Base Station.  Utilities do not function
while the printer is connected to the base station and I am not
switching back to USB on the tower unless it's an emergency.  My
particular beef was that both printer and scanner were sold as OSX
compatible.  Yes, the printer worked without the functions that work in
OS 9.  The scanner worked with VueScan.  The Apple User's board I am on
had many complaints about Epson at the time OS X came out.  Hooray,
things are somewhat better now.

Birgit