[X Newbies] ItunesiPod and a new CD

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Jul 5 11:55:07 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 06:11:23PM +0200, Gen Hadlow Mac Impact Dbn wrote:
:
: I have just purchased the new Lauren Hill unplugged CD. Its a double album
: and I want to now place it onto my iPod. However it seems to have some sort
: of barring that wont allow it to play on my Mac.

Yes, it's one of the new discs that are actually not Compact Discs.

: Does anyone know of some sort of easy work around that I can use to fix this
: problem.
: One of my friends mentioned that one can colour in some place on the CD with
: a permanent marker but I just don¹t see exactly where to do this.

This site talks about it and offers some workarounds:

	http://ukcdr.org/issues/cd/docs/celdion.shtml

My suggestion: if the workarounds work, rip it.  If the workarounds
don't work, forget it.  Either way, return the CD and demand a full
refund because you were sold a product that was falsely advertised to
be a CD, i.e. a Compact Disc(tm), when it actually is not (the scheme
used to "protect" the disc causes it to no longer comply with the
official "Red Book" standard and thus are no longer real audio CDs).

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/