Unwanted default browser changing problem

Mark Taintor markwt at mac.com
Mon Jul 5 13:56:38 PDT 2004

My wife, bless her heart, is having a hard time changing over to OS X
completely. As such, she continues to use Opera 5.0 run in Classic. The
problem is that whenever she opens Opera, it changes the computer's
default browser to Opera. All that she has to do is open Opera and the
default browser changes to Opera. No going through System Preferences.
It just changes. I can reset the default browser in the System Prefs,
but as soon as Opera is opened the Pref changes. This doesn't happen
when any other browser is opened, Classic or otherwise.
Any thoughts on what I might do to stop this from happening?
Thanks,
Mark

Mark Taintor
Chanhassen, MN USA