two basic Mail questions

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Mon Jul 12 14:27:17 PDT 2004

Hi all you Advanced X Newbies,
Two questions about mail: first, one of my mailbox's numbering order
switched and I want to switch it back. There were 100 pieces of mail,
starting with #1 from a year ago. Something I did switched the numbers,
making #1 now #100. Since that time seven new pieces of mail have been
added. I would like to simply switch #1 to 100 but leave 101 to 107
alone. How to do?

Second, occasionally good mail (including Apple Events) gets
automatically sorted to the Trash mailbox. Is there a method for
determining what Rule caused this to occur?

Thanks for sharing your experience,
Carter Tomassi