[X Newbies] Backup Question

matblack at mac.com matblack at mac.com
Thu Jul 15 06:10:13 PDT 2004

>> Personally I use Carbon Copy and copy my entire drive AND make it
>> bootable. Then every so often I "synchronize." I think the advantages
>> are apparent, if you have the disc space.
>
> Hi - a bit of a related question. You do have to have a bootable drive
> to make the backup bootable, right?
I may be wrong? but I think any drive with a valid start-up system will
boot... with CCC you just select the box "make bootable" and it does
it. Then your drive is bootable.

> I figured I'd reinstall using original system disks if a problem, then
> restore all backup files from Dantz Retrospect, which came with my
> drive and I've been using without problems.
Does Dantz not give you a "make bootable" option?
The drawback to this these days is that even with Panther I had about
an hour of updates to install... which of course did not execute
properly so had to be repeated... and the Carbon Copy is only $20 or
something...
Matthew Guemple
c. 646.734.6601
matblack at mac.com