HD Crash

Jane TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 24 21:37:00 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have an eMac that seems to have a broken HD.
To make a long story short, while trying to update something, I got a
strange message about OS 9 and then I could not longer boot into 9,
which I had done to try to see what the problem was. (I never use 9)

Now I have been able to get back to the X desktop but NONE of my apps
will open, they quit with an error, can't log on to internet, and
keychain, which I do not use is asking for a password that I do not
have.

This is 10.2.6, I am booted with Panther CD and the repair said cannot
be repaired.
No other backup options will work (Zip, Burn CD, FireWire drive) except
I was able to log into my Ti and transfer *SOME* stuff.

Question: Where is Palm Data stored? Palm will not open, and finder
will not find, quits with error.
Where is Address book data stored? I copied application support
folder.. but cannot use find function to find  Palm. Seems like all
prefs got lost too and won't let me in keychain which I do NOT even
use!

Hope someone can help me, I at least can log into this computer and
transfer some files.