[X Newbies] Recommendation For A Flat Panel Monitor

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Jul 27 11:33:31 PDT 2004

Aranzazu said:

>>I feel that Apple's studio monitors are overkill in price; paying
>>primarily  for style!
>
>Not true. Apple's display's are STILL the best on the market. plus
>they have USB ports and the new one's even have firewire ports. The
>color reproduction is great and the display is bright and clear. If
>you work with a lot of graphics and video as i do you will fell like
>you got your money's worth. in my opinion it is worth every penny
>
>>   I am looking for a reasonably priced , 17 inch, flat panel Monitor
>>that is compatible with my G4 ( sleep mode, etc)

As you probably know, Apple sources most (all?) of its LCD monitors from
Samsung, of which it owns a good chunk.

Samsung makes excellent monitors, and they tend to sell at competitive
prices.

If you are looking for a 17-inch LCD monitor, the Samsung SyncMaster 173P
is stunning.  PCWorld rated both its graphics and text output as
"outstanding."

Here it is for $595, with free shipping, which is $100 less than the
equivalent Apple monitor:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X
292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=125991&_LOC=US

Randy B. Singer