[X Newbies] Printing a list of items

VS vs1 at dax.nu
Tue Jun 1 11:00:04 PDT 2004

At 09.26 -0400 04-06-01, Alex wrote:
>As to the original question, "How does one print a list of the
>contents of a folder in system X", the simplest is copy and paste.
>Open the folder in list view, open all enclosed folders (if any) --
>opt-right arrow -- select all, copy, then paste in the target
>application (e.g., TextEdit).

Thanks for this tip, but I have had problems with this: when I copy
everything in a listed folder like this and paste it the items get
pasted in no specific order. It's not alphabetical, not reverse
alphabetical, not creation time or any other known order, just
random. So it's not useful at all for me, sadly.

This also means that the technique described won't list subfolders
directly beneath it's containing folder, but somewhere beneath the
list of the items at the top level. Very strange and unuseful...

I don't know what causes this, I use localised Finder (for Swedish
users) but that doesn't seem to be the issue as the pasted order
isn't correct in Swedish either...:-)

Anyone have any idea??

/ Vicki