[X Newbies] Laser Printer Deal That I Found

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 21 18:35:32 PDT 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, at 5:00 PM, John Black wrote:

> Good recommendation, Randy. I've got an HL-1440. and it's the best
> printer I've ever had: fast, super output, 36MB RAM with 72-pin, as
> you say, a small footprint, USB, Mac-compatible out of the box. An
> even more capable one would probably do even better.

I've got a HL-1240 that I picked up *really* cheap at Office Despot,
and I've been quite pleased with it. Its never given me any trouble,
and most notably, the software doesn't suck (unlike that other printer
company who's initials are HP). The only think I don't like about it is
that it has a "kill" switch on the toner - when it decides its time to
replace the toner, you have to do it- no squeezing the last sheet out.

SR