[X Newbies] USB to Ethernet

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 01:52:15 PDT 2004

Hi Randy:

>There is also a relatively new alternative.  It is called a "USB Server"
>.........[SNIP]....
>See:
>Keyspan USB server
This looks pretty good but does not appear to have made it to this side
of the pond although no doubt I could order direct from the US.

Just one point.  According to Keyspan I should be able to print directly
from a laptop with 802.11b/g.  Is this so since I thought there were
likely to be problems with printer drivers?   Don't you need a special
driver or does the network software intercept the print calls and re-
route them?  At the moment the laptop is on OS9 but this should hopefully
change later this year.

Thanks for the advice,

cheers,

Chris