[X Newbies] Does cron do its work if the CPU is sleeping

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Wed Mar 3 13:54:03 PST 2004

Thanks Alex,
I find "Help" less than helpful usually. But I didn't know
KnowledgeBase was so easy to reach in Sherlock. There is a lot to learn
in OS X. And I do have to say that these machines, although much more
powerful, also require a higher skill level. That will ultimately hurt
Apple. IMHO. They should be as easy to run as a tv.

BTW, I did do searches for cron last night and Help was a big fat Zero.
Pogue's book helps some. I just wish he had mentioned Sleep. Your
suggestion of KB 107388 really did help, though. It was especially nice
of Apple to include third party apps.

Carter