[X Newbies] Does cron do its work if the CPU is sleeping

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Mon Mar 8 06:30:34 PST 2004

I understand that the Cron tasks don't run if the computer is asleep.
But do they still run if the user is logged out? (computer left at the
login screen) Also, if there are multiple users on one machine do the
cron tasks only affect the currently logged on user? or do the Cron
tasks take care of the entire machine (all users)?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com