Ready for a little whining?

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 18 09:04:21 PST 2004

>From: Carter Tomassi <carter at messyoptics.com>
>Subject: [X Newbies] Ready for a little whining?
>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:49:38 -0800
>
>I am having this stupid little problem that is  driving me nuts. Most
>of my typing  these days is in Mail and I keep double-spacing the space
>   bar. So much so that I use Find  to replace  the doubles with single
>spaces. I have played with sys. prefs. but the keyboard pref. doesn't
>seem to effect the spacebar  action.
>
>Is there something I am missing  here? I  am on a G4 MP500 with
>standard clear/silver Apple keyboard. I bought a gel pad to stick in
>front of the keyboard,  thinking that would help but no luck. I am
>running Panther  3.3 now. I don't recall  this problem being so bad
>under 9.2.2  and Eudora.
>
>Note that I am leaving the double spaces  in  this post. Any
>suggestions besides finding an old Royal manual?
>
></whine>
>Carter

Try going to system prefs ->keyboard and Mouse->delay until repeat
and increase the value.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html