[X Newbies] Solid Backgrounds

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Mar 24 12:35:03 PST 2004

On Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004, at 13:24 Canada/Eastern, Chris Walker wrote:

> I wish to recreate the OS9 Bondi Extra Dark screen background and use
> it
> with OSX.[...]
>
> Does anyone know the RGB colours for Bondi Extra Dark or is there any
> way
> I can use the OS9 file in X?   I doubt the latter is possible as I
> would
> guess they are embedded in OS9 somewhere.

The background patterns are stored in ppat resources in the Appearance
control panel. Probably the easiest way is to use ResEdit to open ppat
ID 20018, copy it, and paste in Photoshop. (You can find ResEdit in
various places on the 'net. It runs in Classic, but it's free.) The
actual values are, in QuickDraw hex, 0000,451E,4A3D; that is, 0,69,74
(but I wouldn't swear to my conversion).