[X Newbies] Itunes...

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sat Mar 27 19:13:04 PST 2004

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 07:23:47PM -0500, Vincent Cayenne wrote:
:
: At 12:14 PM -0500 3/27/04, Alex wrote:
: >
: > <http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/software/cddb_wsj_12.31.01.pdf>
:
: Thanks for the article. Matter-of-factly, well-written. And I concur
: with your take on it. I'm sure that I admire the vision and
: initiative of the originators but I feel certain that the value added
: by the submitters was significant and "under-rewarded". But then, I
: suppose one can entertain similar reservations about the business
: model of efforts like MacFixit, and the purchase of the Deja News
: Usenet archives, and so on. It seems that we've come to tacitly
: accept that the aggregator owns the individuals' contributions (and
: yet avoids responsibility for any downside to that content). Am I
: ranting yet <g>?

It's worse because CDDB's licensing agreements prevents you from using
any competitor to CDDB.

	http://www.freedb.org/modules.php?name=Sections&sop=viewarticle&artid=2

--
Eugene Lee