[X Newbies] Mail app bug

Steve St-Laurent st-laur at telus.net
Tue Mar 30 06:56:13 PST 2004

I wrote::

>> Not sure when Apple introduced the feature, but in Mail 1.3.4
>> (v614/613) you can click on the curled-arrow reply symbol in the
>> column next to the message and it opens your reply.
>>
>> The problem is it works only for mail that arrives and is left in the
>> In box. It doesn't work for messages rule-filed or moved to other
>> folders.

  W Lane replied

> Not so, this message was sorted to my X Newbies mailbox and replied to
> just as you describe.

OS X 10.3.3/Mail as described above. Yours the same?

>> If Cricket is still checking in here, perhaps he can tell us what went
>> wrong with this obviously good idea.
>
> Or, what may be wrong with your copy of Mail

I did check with another person with an identical configuration. She
got the same result, as did John McDaniel, noted in same digest. Just
tried again. Now it doesn't even give the error message. Fixed
permissions, shook the usual newt's blood. Same result.