Classic/multiple user question + iPhoto gripe

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Mar 30 07:21:19 PST 2004

> From: Carter Tomassi <carter at messyoptics.com>
>
> That's really strange. Is it just not possible or was that a choice
> Apple made?

It's just not possible. OS 9 never was, and never will be, a multi-user
OS (able to be used by multiple people simultaneously). Surely this was
obvious back in the day?

>    Anyway. one user running an old version of Commotion can't keep her
> program active the same time another user is doing an old Illustrator
> doc. I know, buy upgrades. All in due time, but in the meantime?

Sorry, there is no "meantime." There's no answer for you other than:

a. put the users on separate machines.
b. buy an OS X upgrade for at least one of the programs.

_Chas_

"George W. Bush is ... the kind of politician who would cut down a tree
and then climb on its stump to give a speech about conservation." --
John Kerry
http://www.johnkerry.com