[X Newbies] OS stability

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 11:47:57 PST 2004

On Mar 30, 2004, at 12:59 PM, Eugene Lee wrote:

> : That's the cold reality that most Mac people
> : don't want to face. The typical PC user will complain about Microsoft
> : and mock the Mac in the same breath.
>
> Nope, typical Windoze users mock Mac users for the reason that bullies
> taunt other kids: to make themselves feel better and to hide problems
> in their own lives.

Rather than "Nope", what you mean there must be something like "Yes . .
. but" - in other words, yes they do that, but you have some excuse or
rationale that explains why they do it.

I don't agree with the idea that a choice must be easy to be freely
chosen. Lots of people who could chose Macs with very little
inconvenience penalty simply don't. And I think its a little bit
delusional to say that its because MS has a "monopoly" or makes them do
it in some way. The PC user's reasoning may be suspect - like, "I
bought a PC because I don't want my friends to make fun of me", but
whose fault is that?

SR